Technology Partner Onboarding Guide
All partners have access to Veeva Training provided through the Veeva Training Services team. Veeva Training Services will train and mentor partner staff to ensure they have the Veeva knowledge and skills to properly use, sustain, and evolve the partner deployed integration to meet customer business requirements. The training courses are all virtual live and led by an experienced Veeva instructor.
The training is accessible through the Veeva website and is included in partner program costs for two (2) partner employees annually. Additional employees may attend training at the stated course price. These two partner employees will be able be eligible to maintain their Veeva Training Certification as part of the Veeva Training Certification program.
The below diagram details the CRM product training courses that need to be taken to become a Veeva CRM Certified Administrator. These courses need to be taken in sequential order.
Note: At least two employees must complete the CRM Platform Configuration Track and obtain the Veeva CRM Certified Administrator designation as a prerequisite to being a Certified Technology Partner.
- Navigate to the Training Services website to view the list of courses by date and time zone.
- On the schedule page, choose the desired Time Zone by selecting the red + next to each course and click on Register. Courses must be taken in order. Consult the course chart below.
- On the registration form, the user is prompted for the Training Order Form Number. This is provided in the Partner Onboarding email. If you do not have your order form number, please contact your partner Product Manager on the Alliances Team.
Veeva CRM Training: Configuration Track Courses
1) Veeva CRM Fundamentals Course
2) Veeva CRM Business Administrator Course
3) Veeva CRM Reports & Dashboard Course (on demand)
4) Veeva CRM Data Loading Course (on demand)
5) Veeva CRM System Administrator 1 Course
6) Veeva CRM System Administrator 2 Course
7) Veeva CRM Advanced Concepts Course
8) Veeva CRM Administrator Exam
9) Veeva Events Management Administrator *(recommended for Events partners)
To maximize partner ability to build and troubleshoot high-quality integrations, access to Veeva Support Portal is granted for up to four (4) users.
Veeva’s Support Portal gives you access to Veeva’s dedicated support team and portal for key product documentation and knowledge center.
- Veeva’s Support Team
- The Veeva support team is an invaluable resource for troubleshooting unexpected product or configuration behavior and reporting product outages. Users will have access to raise a support ticket and ticket history for their organization’s submitted tickets.
- Veeva Knowledge Center
- A complete portal for access to product and release information, documentation resources, and Veeva Developer Community. Please note that the community posts are all publicly accessible so do not make any posts you aren’t happy to discuss in an open forum.
- Top Solutions by Veeva Product
- Top solutions are determined based on several metrics and submitted support cases.
Login information for Veeva support is emailed directly to the employees nominated on your onboarding form.
Once you have set up your password you can go to https://support.veeva.com to sign in.
Please take a few minutes to review the support portal and familiarize yourself with the layout and self-service tools available online 24x.
Across the top of each page for quick access to any part of the portal.
Main landing page after login
- Page Alerts – Display critical updates related to outages, product issues, support closures due to holidays etc.
- Search Bar – From here you can search for information by product or free text across the whole portal. Results will include knowledgebase, communities, and release notes.
- Product Documentation – Links to published documentation on all the Veeva products.
- Featured and News Articles – Product and news updates being featured through the support portal
Creating Support Tickets
Open new support tickets here. You can search tickets by product, request type, ticket status, date ranges, keywords, or ticket IDs. You can CC any member of your organization or your Veeva Product Alliances team on any ticket.
Product information organized by Veeva Product category.
Menu for direct access to a wealth of information covering product documentation, release notes, customer success webinars, and product status checks.
Connect with other Veeva users across organizations. Create feature requests and post product questions directly to the community boards.
Logging a Support Ticket
To help support resolve your issues as quickly and efficiently as possible, it is recommended that all tickets include the following components in each case logged:
- Org ID: [18-character unique Salesforce environment identifier]
- Summary of Issue: [Describe the issue and desired behavior]
- Steps to Reproduce: [Complete steps to recreate the issue]
- Test User Credentials: [Used to reproduce the issue]
- Unit Tests Already Performed: [List any tests that were performed prior to logging the case]
- Permission to Change or Not Change Config: [Indicate if it is acceptable for support to make configuration updates in the Org for testing purposes]
- Screenshots/attachments of the issue
- Platform: [iPad, Online, WinModern, etc]
Veeva’s comprehensive documentation library includes configuration steps for all our product features, release notes, important configuration notes, and complete documentation of Veeva APIs. Our documentation is fully searchable and conveniently organized by product and feature.
Veeva's CRM Documentation is located at https://crmhelp.veeva.com
Veeva CRM is built on the Salesforce Platform and uses standard Salesforce APIs. Find documentation for Salesforce APIs at https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/api-explorer.
A Sandbox containing the full Veeva CRM application was provisioned for your use. An Admin User was created per the login listed on the Onboarding form with credentials and access provided through email.
Please use this Admin User to create any additional user accounts you need in the Sandbox.
Access your sandbox at https://test.salesforce.com/
CRM for IPad
Installation of CRM for iPad is a simple process done from the Veeva online home page. Veeva recommends iPads have broadband Internet access during the installation process. For a complete list of supported devices see CRM for iOS.
- On the iPad navigate to test.salesforce.com and log in using your credentials.
- Click the CRM for iPad Install link.
- To install CRM for iPad, tap the Download and Install Veeva iRep link on the CRM for iPad installation page. A prompt will ask the user to confirm the installation of CRM for iPad. Tap Install and CRM for iPad will download to the iPad.
- After installing Veeva CRM for iPad, first-time users must do the following:
- Launch the iPad Settings menu.
- Select General.
- Select Device Management.
- Select Veeva Systems developer. For some users, this may be your own company name.
- Select Trust.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.