When uploading multiple documents, the values of the object-type fields are not correctly stored even after clicking the Apply button. The values get lost.
Detailed Steps to Reproduce:
When a user uploads multiple documents at a time, it is possible to set field values for each document.
- Upload 2 or 3 files at a time.
- Set different values for an object-type field A for each document at first and then click Apply.
- Select all the documents, and object-type field A shows blank since the value is different for each document.
- Set a value for Field B such as Title for all the documents and then click Apply.
- The value gets updated for Field B for all the documents, but the value of the object-type field A for all the documents gets cleared out, even though the values are set in step 2.
This is working as designed.
There are differences in the design of object-type vs non-object type fields. Object-type fields in the multi-file upload are always set to the values displayed when clicking Apply, including blank. Non-object type fields are left unchanged if in conflict and left blank.
Users can leave the object-type fields to the last and update the field value for each document one by one if the values are different.
Vault Help Documentation: Uploading Multiple Documents to Vault