Can administrative duties such as Login-As Access or Resetting Passwords be delegated to users who are not System Administrators in CRM?
Yes. It is possible to delegate certain administrative duties to non-System Administrator users.
- Create and edit users in specified roles and all subordinate roles. User editing tasks include: resetting passwords, setting quotas, creating default opportunity teams, and creating personal groups for those users.
- Unlock users
- Assign users to specified profiles
- Assign or remove permission sets for users in delegated groups
- Create public groups and manage membership in specified public groups
- Log in as a user who has granted login access to the administrator
- Manage custom objects and customize nearly every aspect of a custom object. However, a delegated admin cannot create or modify relationships on the object or set org-wide sharing defaults.
- Administer users across all delegated groups to which the delegated admin is assigned. Example: Sam Smith is specified as a delegated administrator in two delegated groups, Group A and Group B. Sam can assign a permission set or public group from Group A to users in Group B.
Please see the Salesforce Help Documentation for more information on how to configure Delegated Administration.
Salesforce Help Documentation: Delegate Administrative Duties