What is the expected impact of a Veeva Align Release?
The following are definitions of various Align releases:
- Major Release – This includes new functionality, product enhancements, and fixes to existing functionality. Releases are released to customer sandboxes prior to the production release.
- Minor Release – This is a planned release typically containing a small number of fixes or issues that are affecting customers. Sandboxes are typically updated three business days prior to Production instances.
- Hotfix Release – This is an unplanned release typically containing a small number of fixes or issues that are affecting customers. Both Sandbox and Production instances are updated at the same time for a Hotfix.
- System Maintenance – This is scheduled downtime for system infrastructure changes like server restarts. Veeva Align requires maintenance windows to release Veeva Vault upgrades.
Additionally, Align regularly releases upgrades to the Vault platform. These upgrades are not reflected in the Align version number, but are visible in Align in the Vault Information section of the Settings page in the Admin section.
During a Veeva Align and Veeva Vault release and maintenance window, the following impact occurs:
- The Align Vault instance(s) are not accessible using https://login.veevavault.com/ or Single Sign-On (SSO).
- All ongoing or scheduled end-to-end integration jobs are interrupted during the maintenance. This includes Import from CRM, Account Assignment Preview, Account Assignment Commit, and Push to CRM. Newly started jobs will not start.
- All End User commenced jobs are interrupted during the maintenance. This includes Vault Loader related operations, Align Dataloader Import tasks, Project publishes, Lifecycle updates and so on. Newly commenced tasks will not start.
In some cases, after an Align release is completed, the following impact may be experienced:
- Align's cache needs to be rebuilt. This can result in additional processing time for the first process run after an upgrade, such as an Assignment Preview.
To subscribe to Align Release notifications, please review the steps in: About Align Releases.
Align Help Documentation:
Veeva Trust Page:
Veeva Support Portal:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.