How do the values of Apply_Limit and Limit_Applied fields on the Call Sample object control Sample Limit processing in CRM?
The following explains the use of these settings:
- Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = false: Sample Limit processing is not applied, but adhoc Sample Limit records can be created if a related Sample Limit Template exists.
- Apply_Limit = true and Limit_Applied = false: Standard Sample Limit processing is used. After completion, these values are changed to Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = true by triggers.
- Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = true: Sample Limit processing is not applied because these values indicate that it was already processed.
- Apply_Limit = true and Limit_Applied = true: This combination is not supported. Sample Limit processing is not applied.
Call and Call Sample and records can be data loaded using the following steps:
- Set up the Sample Templates.
- Load the Call records. Be sure that they are in Saved status.
- Load the Call Sample records:
- The batch size needs to be lower than 15.
- Be sure to flag the Apply_Limit flag to true.
- Do not map the Limit_Applied flag. If the Limit_Applied flag is mapped, the disbursed quantity calculation fails.
- If no sample disbursement is necessary for historical calls.
- Sample Limit Transaction records need to be created.
- If it is mapped to false, all the related records must exist in the org (Sample Lots, etc.).
CRM Help Documentation: Creating Sample and Product Limits
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.