How do the values of Apply_Limit and Limit_Applied fields on the Call Sample object control Sample Limit processing in CRM?
The following explains the use of these settings:
- Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = false: Sample Limit processing is not applied, but ad hoc Sample Limit records can be created if related Sample Limit Template exists.
- Apply_Limit = true and Limit_Applied = false: standard Sample Limit processing is used. After completion, these values are changed to Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = true by triggers.
- Apply_Limit = false and Limit_Applied = true: Sample Limit processing is not applied because these values indicate that it was already processed.
- Apply_Limit = true and Limit_Applied = true: This combination is not supported, Sample Limit processing is not applied.
Call and Call Sample and records can be data loaded using the following steps:
- Begin by setting up the Sample Templates.
- Load the Call records. Please be sure that they are in Saved status.
- Load the Call Sample records:
- Batch size needs to be lower than 15.
- Be sure to flag the Apply_Limit flag to true.
- Do not map the Limit_Applied flag: if the Limit_Applied flag is mapped, the disbursed quantity calculation fails.
- Order the Call Sample files by date: oldest first, this is important for rolling limits.
- Submit Calls with a separate load: No disbursement can be mapped to true:
- If no sample disbursement is necessary for historical calls.
- Sample Limit Transaction records need to be created.
- If it is mapped to false: all the related records must exist in the org (Sample Lots etc.)
CRM Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.