There is a custom field that cannot be found in the available columns when creating or editing a report. This makes it impossible to report on that field.
The default Field Level Security (FLS) of that custom field is Hidden.
In order to open the report, an admin is required to do the following:
- Go to Admin --> Configurations --> Document Fields --> [Document Field].
- Click Edit button.
- Update the Default Security from Hidden to others.
- Or, the admin can add a Security Override, which is not Hidden, to the expected users who have access to open that report.
- Vault Help Documentation: Types of Field-Level Security
- Vault Article: Error: Error processing this report because it references inaccessible field(s) - When Opening a Report in Vault
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.