A Vault user is unable to view the reclassify button of a document even though the user is in a role with Reclassify permission.
In this example, the user does not have Create Document or Create Binder access on Document Types. There are five restrictions on Reclassify:
- Vault users cannot reclassify a document when it has an active workflow. To do this, the workflow needs to be canceled first.
- Vault users cannot reclassify a document while it is checked out.
- Vault users must have to Create Document or Create Binder access on the selected new Document Type. These permissions are controlled through Document Type configuration.
- Vault users cannot reclassify a Multichannel presentation.
- To reclassify, Vault users must be in a role with the Reclassify permission.
To grant the Create Document or Create Binder access on Document Types, requires admins to follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin --> Configurations --> Document Types--> [Document Type].
- Click the Edit Details button.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the expected user for Create Document Permission or Create Binder Permission.
- Click Save.
Vault Help Documentation: