How Can a CRM System Administrator Download the Synchronization Activity Log of an End User in Veeva CRM? This article covers the steps of finding the Sync errors as well related to the Veeva Offline platforms.
Analyzing the Activity Log of an end-user is usually the first step to troubleshooting Offline Sync issues on any offline CRM platforms.
CRM System Administrators are able to view the following:
- One Day of Activities
- The last Seven Days of Activities
- The last Thirty Days of Activities.
To access these Sync Activities, follow these steps:
- Navigate to: Setup--> Administer--> Manage Users --> User.
- Select the end-user in question which in turn leads to its record detail.
It is also possible to directly access the record detail of an end-user via its SFDC ID, or by searching for the username of the end-user in the Advanced Search located on the top left. Depending on the configuration, a Search Bar appears on the top left instead, which can also be used.
- On the record detail of the end-user scroll down to the Custom Links section.
From this section, Activity logs can be downloaded for the Last Day, Last 7 Days, or Last 30 Days.
- These downloaded files are going to be .xlsx files, and are required to be opened by Microsoft Excel / Libre Office / Open Office, etc.
In order to locate the sync errors, follow these steps in Microsoft Excel (These steps may vary in other programs capable of opening .xlsx files).
- Open the file
- Add a Filter on the Column name Process, which is usually going to be the G Column.
- In the Text Filter, select the Contains option.
- Type in error.
Screenshot representation of these steps:
The result contains all rows with the sync errors:
- When it comes to troubleshooting Sync problems, another common object to check its records for is the Sync Tracking object.
- The presented data is not customer-specific.
- There are other ways to filter errors.
CRM Help Documentation:
- How to Locate the SFDC ID of a Record in Veeva CRM (Salesforce)?
- CRM Error Occurs When Attempting to Download User Activity Logs
- Who Can Download Activity Logs of Other Users in CRM Online?
- Cannot Find CRM iRep Sync Tracking Records in Sync Tracking Object
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.