An admin must enable the Enable user role constraints feature. However, the checkbox cannot be selected.
There are no active User Role Constraint object records available before enabling this feature.
User role constraints are a way to prevent accidental assignment of an incorrect role to a user on a document or object. The User Role Constraint object restricts role assignments by defining a list of roles allowed for a user. Users are allowed, but not automatically assigned, these roles.
An Admin must create active User Role Constraint object records before enabling this feature:
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Objects --> User Role Constraint.
- Select the Display in Business Admin menu.
- Navigate to: Admin --> Business Admin --> User Role Constraint.
- Click the Create button to create Object records.
- Go to Admin --> Security Settings --> User Role Constraints.
- Click Edit button.
- Select the checkbox Enable user role constraints.
Vault Help Documentation: Configuring User Role Constraints
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.