Powerpoint file not rendering in Vault.
One or more slides is causing the render to fail in Vault.
Vault uses Microsoft Save To PDF engine to create renditions. If a Powerpoint file is not rendering in Vault, first try saving it in separate sections to find the bad slide(s).
- Click File --> Save As --> Browse.
- Choose to Save a set of the slides. For example, if the document has 10 slides in it, save 1-5 first, then save 6-10.
- Change the file type to PDF.
- Click Save. If the save fails, that section of slides has the bad slide in it.
- Then, save a smaller group of the failed group. Continuing until the one bad slide is left.
Once the bad slide is found, export it to a different file type. To Do this;
- Click File --> Export --> Change File Type.
- Double-click the type of file to Save as, and choose a new file name.
- Click Save and when prompted, click Just This One.
- Delete the bad slide from the presentation.
- Add the new one that was just saved back into it.
- Re-upload the presentation to Vault.
Vault Help Documentation: More rendition help
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.