Distribution package renditions are ZIP files with a format that can display in CRM. For a given document, the distribution package rendition may be auto-generated from a source file or manually uploaded by a user.
For Vault to auto-generate a package, the CLM Content field must be set to Yes on a Multichannel slide. Vault generates different renditions depending on the CRM Media Type field.
In this case, a user uploads a PowerPoint file as a slide with the settings (below), but Vault does not generate the Distribution Package rendition for it automatically.
- CLM Content: Yes
- CRM Media Type: PPTX
Vault only auto-generates a distribution package for PowerPoint files using the Create Presentation user action.
Follow the steps below to resolve this problem:
- Upload a PowerPoint file to Vault.
- Click the Create Presentation User Action.
- Select an option on demand and then click the Continue button.
- Set the CLM Content as Yes for the Binder and then click the Next button.
- Set the CLM Content as Yes for the Slide and then Click the Start button.
- The user receives a notification after generating the PowerPoint presentation.
- Confirm that Vault generates the Distribution Package for the PowerPoint files using the Create Presentation user action.
Vault Help Documentation: Auto-Generated Distribution Packages
Related Article: How to Add the Create Presentation User Action
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.