Is it possible to add an Event Team Member to an Event using iRep?
System users, groups, and Write-in Team Members can be directly entered using the user interface. Based on the Team Member type selected, the fields needed to enter team member information display. This feature eliminates the need to populate the default Name field on the Event Team Member record.
To configure this feature, the following Field level Security (FLS) must be granted:
- Grant FLS Edit Permission to the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod.Team_Member_Type_vod field.
- Grant FLS Edit Permission to the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod.First_Name_vod field.
- Grant FLS Edit Permission to the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod.Last_Name_vod field.
Additionally, the following steps must also be completed:
- Place the Team_Member_Type_vod field on the Event Team Member page layout.
- Place the following fields directly below the Team_Member_Type_vod field on the Event Team Member page layout to display their respective Team Member types for selection:
- Team_Member_vod – If present on the page layout, this displays by default
- First_Name_vod and Last_Name_vod – Required for Write-ins. For languages where the Last Name displays before the First Name, the field orders can be swapped.
- Save the Page Layout.
- Refresh the Event Layout Metadata.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
Note: Veeva provides an out-of-the-box page layout on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object named Dynamic Source Team Member Layout that includes the above configuration.
CRM Help Documentation: Event Team Members
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.