What are the Best Practices when a Vault user leaves the company?
Veeva recommends the following as Best Practices:
- All workflow tasks that are assigned to the user are re-assigned or canceled.
- A report is run for all documents where the user is listed in the Sharing Settings as either Owner or Coordinator and then reassign ownership using either the Bulk API or Vault Loader.
- Do not inactivate the user until the above steps have been completed, as these steps can not be completed for an inactive user.
- Reset the password for the user so that they can no longer access the system while these steps are being completed.
- Once all of the above steps are completed, the user in question can be deactivated in Vault.
- Vault Loader Documentation: Vault Loader: Update Document Roles
- Vault User Documentation: How to Reset User Passwords
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.