A Picklist in the Vault Document Information panel is empty. In this example, the Product picklist is empty and unable to select any options after changing the Country from the United Kingdom to China.
There is a Field Dependency rule that limits the number of products that appear in the Product field when the Country is selected. This means no values appear for Product unless an admin configures a picklist Field Dependencies for all other countries.
Solving this issue requires an admin to set up picklist field dependencies. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Field Dependencies.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the Controlled by document field option.
- Make a Document Type selection. Only fields available for the selected Document Type are available as controlling or dependent fields. The admin can set the Document Type to Base Document to create a rule that applies to all documents.
- Select a Controlling field from the Field picklist. In this case, select Country as the Controlling field.
- Click OK to open the Field Dependency Details page.
- Under Condition, set the field value that causes the dependent field action. In this example, set the Country as China.
- Under Dependency Rules, set up the Dependent Field actions. Select Picklist as the Rule Type.
- Specify the values to display in the Product picklist by clicking in the field and selecting from the list of all defined values for the picklist.
- When finished, click Save.
Vault Help Documentation: Managing Dependent Picklists