The Send as Link option sends an email and Vault notification to the selected users which includes a hyperlink to the current version of the document or binder. Vault users can send links to the document’s existing collaborators, to other users in Vault, and even to non-Vault users, depending on the role and Vault's configuration. In this case, the user unable to Send as Link for a binder to non-Vault Users.
There are several reasons why Vault users cannot send a document to a non-Vault user:
- Sending to non-Vault users is not enabled by an Admin.
- The document does not have a viewable rendition because Vault has not generated it yet. Or, Vault does not generate renditions for the file type of the source file.
- A link to a binder is being sent. This option is not available for binders.
- Send As Link Unavailable After Vault 17R1 Release
- Why an External Email for Send as Link Does Not Appear in Vault?
- Non-Vault Users Unable to Download Vault Documents using Send as Link
Vault Help Documentation: Using Send as Link
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.