If there is a large number of documents in Vault that do not have a rendition, can these be re-rendered all at once in Vault?
Support can run a bulk re-render job in Vault. The best way to get the necessary information for a Veeva Support Engineer is to do the following:
- Setup and run a report in the Vault.
- Copy that information to a properly formatted CSV file.
- Attach the file to a Support Ticket.
To create the report:
- Create a document report. Any necessary filters that are needed to narrow down the number of documents returned can be added. The necessary filters are: Size is greater than 0, Pages is blank and Format is not equal to Unknown.
- Add the following columns into the report: Document ID, Major Version Number, and Minor Version Number.
- After the report is created and run, click the Action (Gear) icon and choose Export To Excel.
To create the CSV file that is sent to Veeva Support:
- Open a new Excel file.
- Create a column header of: documentId, majorVersion, minorVersion (these headers must match this formatting exactly).
- Copy the necessary columns out of the Excel file from the report.
- Go to the newly created CSV file and paste the information into the proper columns.
- Click File --> Save As --> Browse. Name the document as needed.
- Under Save As Type, if the option exists, choose CSV UTF-8 (this may depend on the software version).
- If that is not available, choose CSV and be sure that the encoding of the document is UTF-8.
- Save the document.
- Open a Ticket with Veeva Support asking to render the bulk documents.
- Attach the newly created CSV file.
Link to: Open a new Support Ticket
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.