If there is a large number of documents in Vault that do not have a rendition, can these be re-rendered all at once in Vault?
Support can run a bulk re-render job in Vault. The best way to get the necessary information for a Veeva Support Engineer is to do the following:
- Setup and run a report in the Vault.
- Copy that information to a properly formatted CSV file.
- Attach the file to a Support Ticket.
To create the report:
- Go to the library in the Vault where you are seeing the issue and select Tabular View.
- Set the filters to PAGES is blank, SIZE is greater than 0, and add necessary types under FILE FORMAT. A large number (more than a few hundred) of video files should not be included in a bulk re-render request to ensure performance is not impacted.
- Add the Columns Document ID, Major Version Number, and Minor Version Number
- Click the action (gear) icon on the resulting list and export the list to Excel
- After the Excel file is created open a new Excel file to create the needed CSV file
To create the CSV file that is sent to Veeva Support:
- Create a column header of: documentId, majorVersion, and minorVersion (these headers must match this formatting exactly).
- Copy the necessary columns out of the Excel file from the report.
- Go to the newly created CSV file and paste the information into the proper columns.
- Click File --> Save As --> Browse. Name the document as needed.
- Save document as a CSV file that is UTF 8 encoded and has no formatting on the document.
- Open a Ticket with Veeva Support asking to render the bulk documents.
- Attach the newly created CSV file.
Link to: Open a new Support Ticket
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.