Vault allows the placing of annotations, brought forward from a previous version, on the same page in the new version as in the previous version. If matching text appears on the same page as the previous version, Vault places text-based note and link annotations on the new version. Sometimes, Vault does not automatically place note and link annotations when bringing forward annotations.
- The matching text does not appear or is found more than once across multiple pages on the new document version.
- Restore placemarks on brought forward annotations is not enabled.
- If matching text does not appear on the same page as the previous document, Vault searches all other pages for matching text.
- If matching text is found more than once across multiple pages, Vault places the annotation at page level on the first page where the matching text appears.
- If matching text is not found, Vault places the annotation at page level on the same page from the previous version.
- If there is no longer a matching page, Vault places the annotation at page level on the last possible page in the document.
Vault Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.