How can a new version of a document be added in PromoMats?
There are a number of ways to add a new version of a document:
- Create a Draft document - The job is brought back to the beginning of the process and needs to repeat the process again (starting from Quality Control or QC)
- Upload a new version of a document - The user can upload a new version of a document but the job remains at the same status
- Check-out and Check-in a document - The user checks-out the job so that no other user can edit it. By checking-in the document, a new version is added.
Edit Document permission is needed. This permission gives the user the rights to do the following:
- Check out a document
- Check in a document
- Edit a binder (structure, not document fields)
- Upload a new version of a document
Please note, the steps listed below can only be performed by a user with Admin Privileges.
To check that a user has Edit Document permissions, do the following:
- Navigate to: Configuration --> Document Lifecycle --> [select the relevant Document Type] --> States --> [select the relevant status] --> Security Settings.
- Determine which users have the Edit Document option selected (marked with a check).
Vault Help Documentation: Defining Document Role Permissions (Security Settings)
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.