The Support Portal is designed to provide a complete Self-Service* option for Veeva customers enabling them to find answers to questions and help resolve issues quickly without having to open a ticket. Note: If an article is not found in the Knowledge Base (KB) to resolve a problem, the user can open a ticket with Veeva Support.
This article addresses how to find Solution articles within the KB to help resolve problems. When accessing the Portal for the first time, the user is taken to the Home page.
The Knowledge page is where the user can search for articles, browse articles by product, access product documentation, access the product Communities, and access the Ticketing module to open a ticket.
There are two ways to find Solution articles within the KB:
- Search for a solution by topic or keywords
- Manually browse Product Solutions by Product and Product areas
Method 1: Search for a Solution - On the Home page, enter search criteria (product feature or problem keywords) into the Search box, press the Enter key, and perform a Search for articles.
The Search box uses Federated Search so that not only are Knowledge Base (KB) articles searched, but also applicable Product Help Documentation pages are searched. The customer can browse through the list of returned artlcles.
In the Search area text box, enter the search criteria. This criteria can be an actual error message (do not use double-quotes) or a keyword that helps locate a particular set of articles. Examples: "login", "DCR", "Data Change Request", etc.
- Example 1: To find the occurrence of the string, How to ... , type in the text string as: How to. A list of all How to articles appears in the results.
- Example 2: To find a list of open tickets, do not search by a ticket number on the Main portal page. Instead, tickets are listed on the Ticket Search and Filters page. Click My Tickets to get a list of the tickets opened by an administrator. Users can see only the tickets they have created. Note: At this time, the user is unable to export a list of tickets to a .csv file.
- Example 3: To find solution articles that address a specific error (message), type in some from the error message into the Search box and press the Enter key. Or, type in the text error in the search box to find any articles that pertain to Product errors. Articles with a format of Error: <error message> are returned in the results set. At the top of the result set, two Product Error guides are seen:
Method 2: Manually browse Product Solutions by Product and Product Section
- To manually browse articles for a specific product, click on the Product icon or Product name on the Knowledge page.
- This takes the user to a page that lists all Product Sections with a count of the number of articles in each Product Section. The user can click on the Product Section to get a list of the articles in that Section. Then, view the contents of the article by clicking on its title. Use the breadcrumb above the product areas to navigate in and around that product's articles.
The screen below shows an article that was found for the CRM product:
At the bottom of each article in the KB, there is a link where the user can provide feedback to Support on the helpfulness or relevancy of the article. Recommended changes can also be suggested.
How to stay informed using Solution Article notifications?
To stay informed if a KB solution is updated, use the Follow button on the article (see screenshot above). An email notification is sent to the user whenever the article is updated with content.
- Click on the Follow button to be notified on article updates.
- The button changes to Unfollow when notifications are initiated.
- If notifications are no longer needed, click on the Unfollow button for each article.
Note: Veeva Support recommends that our customers bookmark Knowledge Collection articles so they can be notified whenever new content is added to these collections. One example is the Veeva Support Knowledge Collection Reference Guide.
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.