Is it possible to set a default picklist value for a specific record type in CRM? How do I do this?
Yes, it is possible to set a default picklist value for a specific record type. It's also possible to select available and unavailable values in a picklist for a specific record type. This can be accomplished with the following instructions:
- Log into the CRM org as an administrator.
- Navigate to Setup --> Object Manager.
- Drill into the object in question.
- Choose Record Types in the left page
- Drill into the record type in question.
- Click Edit next to the desired picklist in the Picklists Available for Editing related list.
- Move the desired picklist values for this record type to Selected Values while leaving the undesirable picklist values in Available Values.
- Set the Default picklist value at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.