Is it possible to set a default picklist value for a specific record type in CRM? How do I do this?
Yes, it is possible to set a default picklist value for a specific record type. It's also possible to select available and unavailable values in a picklist for a specific record type. This can be accomplished with the following instructions:
- Log into the CRM org as an administrator.
- Navigate to Setup --> Create --> Objects.
- Drill into the object in question.
- Scroll down to the Record Types related list.
- Drill into the record type in question.
- Click Edit next to the desired picklist in the Picklists Available for Editing related list.
- Move the desired picklist values for this record type to Selected Values while leaving the undesirable. picklist values in Available Values.
- Set the Default picklist value at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.