How to prevent Excel hyperlinks from opening two Vault browser windows instead of one?
This is an intermittent conflict within the Microsoft Office suite. Microsoft has released their own solution for this issue:
- Run the Microsoft Excel Easy Fix utility from Microsoft's Support website.
- Run the Easy Fix utility, following the steps in the wizard --> Close and restart the Excel application.
- Open the affected Excel file and test the document's hyperlinks to verify that link only opens one Vault window within the browser.
Some Alternate Workarounds include:
- Using IE/Edge as the default browser
- Using a Macintosh computer
- Copying and pasting the URL into the browser (instead of clicking on the link)
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.