The Vault System Administrator is unable to see any documents in Vault.
The option Business Admin and System Admin access is governed by document sharing settings is selected. When this option is enabled, Vault applies these rules:
- Document access for Admins is based on assigned document roles and those roles’ permissions.
- Admins without explicit role-based permissions to a document (listed in Sharing Settings) cannot view the document.
- When viewing the document logs, Admins can only see the history for documents they have permissions to view.
This is a one-way switch. An Admin cannot change this setting back but can create a Security Profile that grants the All Documents Read permission from the Vault Owner Actions section for the users who want an open security model.
- Navigate to Admin --> Users & Groups --> Security Profiles.
- Create a Security Profile and Permission Set.
- Grant All Documents Read permission from the Vault Owner Actions section.
Vault Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.