Word Document renditions do not show the expected image in Vault, only an empty box with an error message.
There are two ways to insert an image into a document. The image can either be:
- embedded (physically inserted in its entirety into the document)
- linked (where the image is not physically in the document and only rendered on view).
In the case of linked images, the rendering engine is unable to insert that image during the creation of a rendition.
Changing the image from linked to embedded (type) produces the expected viewable rendition. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the affected document and right-click on the image.
- Save the image to the local machine.
- Right-click on the image and choose Change Picture.
- Click From a File.
- Choose the recently downloaded image.
Once the image is embedded, re-upload the document and verify that Vault successfully renders the document with the expected image.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.