How to retrieve deleted data from Salesforce?
Salesforce Record data has three stages of deletion. Data is recovered depending on the stage it is in.
Stage 1 - Deleted to Recycle Bin - Data in this stage can be recovered from the Recycle Bin. This can also be referred to as soft-deleted.
To find and restore records in the Recycle Bin:
- On the left side of the homepage in CRM, click on the Recycle Bin.
- Change the drop down to All Recycle Bin.
- Search for the records.
- Select the record and click Undelete.
Stage 2 - Emptied from the Recycle Bin or hard-deleted - Data in this stage cannot be recovered from the Recycle Bin but can be accessed via the workbench.
To find and restore records using the Salesforce workbench:
- Prior to running the search query, Select Include under Deleted and archived records.
- Once the Id for the record is located, choose Undelete from the data drop-down at the top of the page.
- Enter the Id and follow the prompts on the screen to restore the record.
Stage 3 - Physically or Permanently deleted - Data in this stage is deleted from the database and only recoverable by contacting Salesforce to request a Data Recovery Service (There is a fee associated with this service).
Salesforce Documentation: Recover or lost or deleted records
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.