How to enable the Bcc_vod Field for use with CRM Approved Email?
The ability to add a Bcc_vod Recipient for use with Approved Email is released.
Note: At this time, the BCC field works with Approved Email sent to Accounts, but is not supported for Approved Email from Event Management or Webinars.
To enable the Bcc_vod field, do the following:
- Log into the customer Vault as an Administrator.
- Navigate to: Admin --> Configuration --> Document Fields --> Email Template --> Drill into BCC.
- Click Edit and be sure this field is Active.
- Click Save.
- Log into the CRM org as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the permission set or profile that the Approved Email Integration user is using.
- Grant the Integration user Field Level Security (FLS) Edit permission to the Approved_document_vod.Bcc_vod__c.
- Grant end-users FLS Edit permission to Approved_document_vod.Bcc_vod__c if end-users need the ability to add a Bcc Recipient on an Approved Email.
- Grant end-users FLS Edit permission to Sent_Email_vod.Bcc_vod__c.
- Add the Bcc_vod__c field on the page layouts for corresponding Record Types of the Sent_Email_vod__c object.
- Navigate to: Approved Email Administration.
- Under Vault Login Credential Management, click View Map.
- Click Compare CRM to Vault.
- Run an Approved Email Incremental Sync.
After this setup is completed, the bcc__v field in Vault is used to list email addresses to bcc. If enabled (See step 7), end-users are also able to enter email addresses in the Bcc field when sending an Approved Email.
CRM Help Documentation: Sending Approved Email to BCC Recipients
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.