When a user logs into CRM for iPad, an error message appears: Authentication failed. Please contact your system administrator.
This error can occur when the correct credentials are used but the Enable Third Party Authentication setting does not match the user setup.
There are two solutions depending if the user is a Single Sign-On (SSO) user or not:
- If the org is not configured for Third Party Authentication and the user is not an SSO user, disable the Enable Third Party Authentication setting.
- If the org is configured for SSO and the user is an SSO user, the Enable Third Party Authentication setting needs to be enabled.
To view the Authentication Settings:
- On the iPad, click the Home Button once so that the iPad is on the home screen.
- Navigate to Settings --> Veeva CRM --> Enable Third Party Authentication.
- If SSO is not being used, the Authentication Settings can be disabled which allow the user to login with a username and password.
CRM Help Documentation: SFDC Delegated Authentication in CRM for iPad
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.