How to provide e-Signatures in CDMS?
At any time, a user with the corresponding role can sign a Form, Event, or Casebook when there are no open queries. If there are open queries, there are restrictions on what the user can sign:
When there is an open, Event Date-level query, the user:
- Cannot sign at the Event Date level
- Can sign Forms within that Event
- Can sign at the Casebook level, but Vault only applies the signature to Event Dates with no open queries. Vault then applies the signature to all Forms, including those in the Event
When there is an open, Form-level query, but no Event-level query, the user:
- Cannot sign a Form with an open query
- Can sign at the Event level, but Vault only applies the signature to Forms with no open queries
All Forms and Items must be in the Submitted status with no open queries for the user to sign. The Sign button and Sign Form action only display for users that have permission to provide signatures.
To provide an eSignature:
- Click Sign:
- Select the events to sign.
- Click Continue to provide the e-Signature.
- Enter the login credentials in the Apply Electronic Signature dialogue.
- Click Complete.
After the signature is completed, the icon changes to the following:
This is a general article, configuration may vary. For any questions please contact Veeva support at email@example.com
Vault Help Documentation: Signatures
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.