How to change the lifecycle within the same Document Type in Vault PromoMats and Vault Medical?
Reclassify permission is needed to perform this action.
A Document Type can be configured with multiple Lifecycles available. When a document's Lifecycle must be changed keeping the same Document Type, Subtype and Classification, the user can Make a Copy and select the correct Lifecycle.
If the document number needs to remain the same, the user can Reclassify the document twice.
To update the document's Lifecycle while retaining the same document number, please follow the steps below:
- From the General section in the Document Information tab, click Reclassify.
- From dropdown menu, select a different Subtype/Classification in the same Document Type.
- The system shows a warning message every time a document is reclassified.
- Complete the mandatory fields (in yellow) if necessary and click Save.
- Once completed, click Reclassify and select the correct Document Type, Subtype and Classification.
- When completing the mandatory fields, select the correct Lifecycle and click Save.
Vault Help Documentation: Reclassifying Documents
Knowledge Base Articles:
- How to Reclassify a Document in Vault?
- Why a User Cannot Reclassify a Document in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
- What is a Document Lifecycle in Vault PromoMats?