How to Renew an Expiring CRM for iPad Certificate?
Note: If the certificate is not expiring, only a new .mobileprovision file is needed. This file expires every year.
Obtain an IOS Distribution Certificate (expires every 3 years):
Using a Mac on OS X Leopard, launch Keychain Access.
- Open the Preferences menu and select Certificates.
- Set Online Certificate Status Protocol (OSCP) and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) to Off.
- Open Keychain Access, highlight certificate assistant, and select Request a certificate from a certificate authority.
- Enter the User Email Address and Common Name fields with the email address and company name used to register for the Apple Enterprise Developer account, respectively. Do not fill in the CA Email Address field.
- Select Saved to disk, and if present: Let me specify key pair information.
- Click Continue.
- Name the file and ensure the key size is set to 2048 bits and the algorithm is set to RSA.
- Click Continue. A CSR file is created on the desktop.
- Log into the Apple Developer site and click on the iOS provisioning portal.
- Click Certificates in the left-hand menu and then click on the Distribution tab.
- Click the Request Certificate button. Choose the CRS file that was saved to the desktop.
- Click Submit. The person identified as the Team Agent on the Apple Enterprise Developer Account will receive an email that includes instructions on how to approve the iOS distribution certificate.
- Once approved, return to the iOS dev center. Click on Certificates in the left-hand menu.
- Click the Distribution tab. The certificate displays.
- Click Download to download the certificate to the Mac.
- Open Key chain access and double-click the downloaded certificate from the desktop which imports it into the key chain.
Create a .p12 File:
- Launch Keychain access.
- Select the Keys category in the lower left-hand menu.
- Hold down the Control key and click the private key associated with the certificate created in the prior task.
- Click Export in the context menu.
- Enter the file name as .com.[companyname].iRep.p12 (i.e. .com.verteo.iRep.p12). Ensure the file format is set to Personal information exchange (.p12)
- Enter a password when prompted -- NOTE: Please take note of this password, as it is needed later.
Create a Distribution Provisioning Profile (expires every year):
- Log into the iOS provisioning portal.
- Click Provisioning on the left-hand menu.
- Click the Distribution tab.
- Click the New Profile Button and select the In-House radio button.
- Enter [companyname] iRep Distribution Profile (e.g. verteo iRep Distribution Profile) in the profile name field.
- Ensure the iOS distribution certificate created in the earlier task is selected.
- Select the correct App ID (this is the same App Id that is currently being used).
- Click Submit.
- Click the Download button next to the newly created distribution provisioning profile to download the .mobileprovision file.
Send Information to Veeva
The next step is to supply the necessary information to Veeva. Send an email to:
Include the following information:
- Attach the distribution provisioning profile .mobileprovision file.
- Attach the .p12 file.
- Include a contact phone number so a member of the Veeva support team can get the password for the .p12 file.
CRM Help Documentation: Preparing For Deployment
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.