How to Request a Merge of two Veeva-mastered (orange) records in Veeva Network?
When merging records in Veeva Network, local Data Stewards use the Find Suspect Match feature. Gray, locally-mastered records can be merged together. In addition, gray, locally-mastered records can be merged into an orange Veeva-mastered record. Note: It is not possible for a local Data Steward to merge two orange Veeva-mastered records together.
To request a merge of Veeva-mastered records, follow these steps:
- Access the record that is to be the losing record in the merge.
- Edit an unused Fax field on an address and change it to 0.
- Go to the Apply Change Request dialog box.
- Enter a detailed note requesting that this account is to be merged into another record.
- Add the Veeva Id (VID) of the winning record.
- The Veeva Data Stewards wil review the request and merge the records accordingly.
Please note, the Data Change Request (DCR) that was created will be rejected by OpenData since there should not really be a change to the Fax field. The actual merge processing takes place outside of the DCR process. The merged records will be reflected in your instance after the OpenData subscription runs or when the records are manually synced.
Network Documentation: Suspect matching from add requests
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.