What do the various picklist values for Status_vod in Sent_Email_vod mean in CRM?
- The email is saved in CRM, and not sent. If CRM for an offline device is not connected to the internet and the user sends an email, the email remains in Saved status until the user performs an incremental sync.
- The email was successfully transmitted to the email engine. The email engine is responsible for transmitting to the recipient's email domain.
- The email was successfully accepted for delivery by the recipient's email domain. Once accepted, under normal circumstances, the email is delivered to the recipient's inbox. CRM has no control over the time at which an email is accepted by a recipient email server or when it is delivered. This is influenced by spam filter checks performed on the email server, volumes of email being processed, and bounce processing. Note: there is never a confirmation of when the email is delivered to the recipient. There is a confirmation when the email is accepted for delivery. Emails can be accepted for delivery by a recipient's email server and then delivered to the recipient's inbox, to their junk email folder or spam folder - or even silently discarded by the recipient email server. Veeva does not have any insight into how a recipient's email server treats an email after returning delivery acceptance.
- The email was successfully delivered to the recipient's email domain, but was rejected for delivery (i.e. due to non-existent email address or the mailbox being full). The email bounces back to the Veeva email engine. A bounce event is recorded once for a specific email address. Subsequent email sends to the same email address that bounced are suppressed, and a Dropped event is recorded.
- If an email is sent to the same non-existent email address where a bounce occurred previously, a dropped record is created. A dropped record is also created in cases where an email is unable to be delivered due to a non-existent email domain, or when an email is blocked as potential spam by a recipient's server.
- The recipient takes action to unsubscribe from receiving emails for the product for which the email is sent. This is captured automatically by Veeva when using the built-in unsubscribe process. Or, it can be written via external integration with a customer's own consent management system.
- The email was successfully delivered to the recipient's email server, but the server or recipient marked the email as spam.
- Recorded when an email fails to send due to Veeva validation processes. (Check Status Details field for the fail reasons. It can be because of an incorrect Approved Email domain setup, incorrect From Address etc., or compliance validation checks with Vault.)
- This value is recorded on an email that is scheduled to be sent from CRM but has not yet been sent.
- This value is recorded on the Sent Email record for a Business Account on an email sent from a Group Call. The business account does not receive the email, but still has a record tracked with this status.
The following Sent Email Statuses are used for the Reviewing Approved Emails Before Sending feature:
- Approved Email does not use Pending_vod.
CRM Help Documentation: