What do the various CRM picklist values for Status_vod in Sent_Email_vod mean?
- Email is saved in Veeva but is not sent. If iRep is not connected to the internet and the user sends an email, the email remains in Saved status until the user performs an incremental sync.
- Email is successfully transmitted to the email engine. The email engine is responsible for transmitting to the recipient's email domain.
- Email is successfully accepted for delivery by the recipient's email domain. Once accepted under normal circumstances the email is delivered to the recipient's inbox. Approved Email has no control over the time at which an email is accepted or when it's delivered. This is influenced by spam filter checks performed on the email server, volumes of email the that is already being processed, and bounce processing. Note: there is never a confirmation of when the email is delivered to the recipient. There is a confirmation when the email is accepted for delivery.
- Email is successfully delivered to the recipient's email domain but it is rejected for delivery (i.e. due to non-existent email address or the mailbox being full). The email bounces back to the Veeva email engine. A bounce event is recorded once for a specific email address. Subsequent sends to the same email address (that is bounced) are suppressed and a Dropped event is recorded.
- If an email is sent to the same non-existent email address where a bounce occurred previously, a dropped record is created. A dropped record is also created in cases where an email is unable to be delivered due to a non-existed email domain, or when an email is blocked as potential spam by a recipient's server.
- The recipient takes action to unsubscribe from receiving emails for the product for which the email is sent. This is captured automatically by Veeva when using the built-in unsubscribe process. Or, it can be written via external integration with a customer's own consent management system.
- Recorded when an email fails to send due to Veeva validation processes. (Check Status Details field for the fail reasons. It can be because of an incorrect Approved Email domain setup, incorrect From Address etc., or compliance validation checks with Vault.)
- Approved Email does not use Pending_vod.
CRM Help Documentation: Sent Email Statuses
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.