How to Troubleshoot Target Aliasing Issues in Veeva Network?
The following steps are used to troubleshoot if a record is being excluded from a target extract due to target aliasing issues:
- Navigate to the target subscription where this record is not extracted.
- Make note of All errors relating to target aliasing. A sample error appears as:
Record skipped due to missing target alias for reference code value <X> of type <Y>
- Navigate to the Data Model tab and then select the Reference Data.
- Select the field that the alias is under (this is the '<Y>' in the error message).
- Locate the reference code (it is identified by a number and a colon such as 4:22).
- Look at the record in the UI and determine if the value associated with the code is located on the record. Sometimes the field is hidden so an advanced query in AdHoc querying may be required. If so, proceed to step #7
- Run the following query to identify all fields for a specific record:
Note: Replace the N's with the VID of the record. The results display. Find the field in question and determine if the value that is not aliased is located there.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.