Possible Rendering Issues with CLM Content in V26.
Content which is created larger than the display size will scale down and more of it will be visible within the CLM player than expected.
Example: Content is created so that multiple full screen images are concatenated together so that the end user swipes through the images and sees a sliding effect from slide image to slide image. With this issue, content will be scaled down so that the end user sees 4 slides at once.
This rendering issue occurs if the content meets all of the following criteria:
- If a user is viewing CLM content on Veeva CRM V26
- The iOS version is 9.0, 9.1, or 9.2
- The content is set to be wider than the screen display
- The content uses the Veeva recommended viewport meta-data tag to stop two finger zooming
There are two options to resolve this issue:
- Have users upgrade to iOS 9.3
- Have the content developers remove the Viewport meta-data for stopping two finger zooming. (In some cases, this code may have been added unnecessarily and the content will not allow zooming even after removing the code)
- Have content redevelop to fit on the display of the screen.
This behavior surfaced because V26 of Veeva CRM on iPad is compiled using iOS 9. V25 was previously compiled with iOS 8. Veeva's policy is to upgrade to the latest iOS SDK as they become available to take advantage of bug fixes and other improvements that can be utilized in Veeva CRM enhancements. It seems that Apple made a change that resulted in this behavior in iOS 9.0, but has since resolved it in iOS 9.3.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.