A shared resource is often used to optimize storage space and reduce sync times. This allows HTML assets to be shared across multiple Key Messages.
In some cases, the HTML file is incorrect. When a shared resource is being used, the .zip file is unpacked into a folder named: shared.
There are a few items to look at to determine why the Shared Resource is not functioning as expected.
Be sure that Is_Shared_Resource_vod__c is checked on the shared key message.
- Be sure that Shared_Resource_vod__cis populated on the key messages that are using files from the shared key message.
- Be sure the end-user has Field Level Security (FLS) to the fields above.
The .zip file on the Shared Key Message is unpacked into a folder called shared. It is common to have the incorrect path listed in the HTML files. Below are examples of how to call a file in a shared resource into the key message. The examples below assume that the root directory of the .zip file contains three folders: one called: scripts, one called: styles, and one called: images.
- styles (Header of HTML) - <link rel='stylesheet' href='shared/styles/style.css'/>
- images (Body of HTML) - <img src="shared/images/download.png" />
If the .zip file has one folder in the root directory, that contains other folders, the path is:
- styles (Header of HTML) - <link rel='stylesheet' href='shared/YOUR FOLDER NAME/styles/style.css'/>
- images (Body of HTML) - <img src="shared/YOUR FOLDER NAME/images/download.png" />
CRM Help Documentation: