Following Apple's release of a security update, it is no longer possible to manually retrieve a VTrans folder through iTunes if the VTrans contains CLM.
If a VTrans folder contains CLM content, an error occurs: "<Veeva user name> could not be copied because you do not have permission to see its contents. You may need to unlock your iOS device in order to copy files for this app."
A third party application, iExplorer, can be used to retrieve the VTrans folder from the affected device. To do this:
- Navigate to iExplorer download page on your MAC or PC.
- Click the Download button.
- Install the iExplorer file that downloads using the default settings.
- Open iExplorer
- A splash screen appears.
- Click Continue in Demo Mode.
- Connect the iPad to the PC.
- On the main page of iExplorer, click Files and then Apps.
- On the next page, select the appropriate Veeva CRM iRep app.
- Open the Documents folder.
- The folder lists the VTrans folders on the iPad for this iRep application.
- Drag the desired VTrans from iExplorer to the desktop.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.