How to delete an anchor in a Vault document?
An anchor cannot be deleted for a number of reasons:
- The user is not a Vault Owner or the author of the anchor annotation.
- The anchor is in use (referenced by a link annotation).
- The author does not have Annotate permission in the related state of the lifecycle.
To delete an anchor, use the following steps:
- Be sure the author role has Annotate and Create Anchors permissions in the related state of the lifecycle.
- Confirm the author role permission from Admin page.
- Confirm the author role permission from the SHARING SETTINGS page.
- Be sure the referenced link annotation is deleted by clicking the ellipsis (· · ·) icon.
- Be sure the anchored document under Linked Documents relationship of the document in Step 2 is deleted by clicking the X button.
- The author or Vault Owner can delete the anchor by clicking the ellipsis (· · ·) icon for the anchor.
Vault Help Documentation: Related Permissions