Unable to add a custom group to a role, such as a Viewer in Vault.
An over-ride rule in the Document's Lifecycle could be preventing the group to be added to the sharing settings of the document.
One reason a group cannot able to be added to a role in a lifecycle, is if an override rule is in conflict with the group in question.
Example: An override is set to only let a certain group be a viewer on a document. The custom group must be either added to the override rule, or the override rule must be removed, before the group can be added to the sharing settings in the desired role.
To check to see if a Role in a Lifecycle has an Override Rule in effect:
- Go to Admin --> Configuration --> Document Lifecycles.
- Click the Lifecycle that the document is in.
- Click the Roles tab, then the role to which the user or group is added.
- Click the Override Rules tab.
- Observe if there are any conditions that would exclude the desired user or group from being added to the role in question.
Vault Help Documentation: More help on Override Rules
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.