How to enable Data privacy opt-out in Veeva Network?
First, the data_privacy_opt_out__c custom field has to be enabled by a System Admin:
- Log into Veeva Network as a System Admin.
- Click on Admin button next to your username.
- Open the Data Model tab.
- Search for the data_privacy_opt_out__c custom field.
- Be sure the field is enabled by selecting the Enabled? checkbox.
- Select the countries and objects which use the Data privacy opt-out feature as seen in the screenshot below:
- On the top right corner, click Save.
Log out and log back into Veeva Network as a System Admin. The System Admin needs to add permission to view Opted out records to the applicable Data visibility profile(s). Follow these steps to do this:
- After logging back into Veeva Network, click on the Admin button again next to the user profile.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Select the Data Visibility Profile tab.
- Choose the country where Opt Out field should be visible.
- Click on Edit at the top right corner of the page.
- In the Permissions section, set HCP Opt Out Visibility to True as shown in the screenshot below:
- Click on Save at the top right corner of the page.
Network Help Documentation: Data privacy opt-out
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.