The Bring forward annotation feature in Vault can bring annotations forward to the current version of a document. However, the user cannot bring the document link annotation forward.
Vault does not bring a document link annotation forward if the link is without an associated anchor.
The following screenshots show the difference between link annotations with and without an associated anchor.
Link annotation without anchor:
Link annotation with anchor:
- Click the link icon from an existing link annotation note.
- Find the target document using filters, views, and search terms as needed.
- Click Create new anchor in this document on the target document. The target document opens in a new browser window.
- Within the target document, select text or an area as the anchor location.
- Enter an Anchor Name, up to 140 characters. This name and the selected text identify the anchor in the Select Anchors dialog.
- Click Save.
- Run Bring forward annotation.
Vault Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.