How to match the licenses between production and sandbox org in Salesforce?
Procedure A. In order to transfer licenses, refresh the sandbox. A refresh re-creates the sandbox as a new copy of production. The license count is automatically updated to reflect the limit in production. Use the following steps:
- In the production org, click on Setup --> Deploy --> Sandboxes.
- Click on Refresh.
Procedure B. If the sandbox cannot be refreshed use the Match Production Licenses button. Use the following steps:
- In the sandbox org, click on Setup --> Company Profile --> Company Information.
- Click on the Match Production Licenses button.
If the button is not available in the sandbox, it means that the production org is running a different Salesforce release version than the sandbox. It is necessary to open a ticket with Veeva Support. When a ticket is opened, Veeva Product Support contacts Salesforce Support to match the licenses manually.
- Match Production Licenses to Sandbox without a Refresh
- Match production and sandbox licenses without a sandbox refresh
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.