How to match the Salesforce licenses between production and sandbox org in CRM?
Procedure A. In order to transfer licenses, refresh the sandbox. A refresh re-creates the sandbox as a new copy of production. The license count is automatically updated to reflect the limit in production. Use the following steps:
- In the production org, click on Setup --> Deploy --> Sandboxes.
- Click on Refresh.
Procedure B. If the sandbox cannot be refreshed use the Match Production Licenses button. Use the following steps:
- In the sandbox org, click on Setup --> Company Profile --> Company Information.
- Click on the Match Production Licenses button.
If the button Match Production Licenses is not available in the sandbox, it means that the production org is running a different Salesforce release version than the sandbox. Please raise a ticket with Veeva Support. Veeva Product Support contacts Salesforce Support to match the licenses manually.
- Do NOT use the matching tool if the parent production environment of the sandbox is in a trial or demo status, since doing so may cause destructive changes that can only be corrected by a sandbox refresh. If there is any doubt whether the parent production org is in an active status, raise a ticket with Veeva Support.
- All provisioned changes from production are matched, including any license decreases, limit decreases, feature removals, as well as increases and Salesforce Edition upgrades or downgrades.