How to remove inactive users from groups using Vault Loader?
Vault Loader can update several groups at once with a properly prepared CSV file. The quickest and easiest way to retrieve the proper information is to first perform an Extract in Loader. Prepare a document to upload and perform a Load with the prepared document.
Vault makes the updates by adding or leaving all users in the members__v column of the CSV. It removes any IDs that are not present in that column.
- Go to Loader, and perform an extract of Users and an extract of Groups.
- In the Groups extract, compiled from the loader extract, remove all groups that are not being updated. Remove any rows other than id and members__v.
- Go to the Users document compiled from the earlier loader extract.
- Use the id for the users that are ACTIVE and that remain in the groups being updated.
- Add the ACTIVE users for the respective group into the members__v column in the document that is prepared in step 2.
- Go back to Loader, choose Load.
- Upload the CSV, created in steps 2 and 5, by clicking Choose. For the Object Type, select Groups. For the Action Type, select Update.
- Click Start Load, and Vault updates the groups in the CSV with the users updated in the members__v column.
Vault Help Documentation: About Vault Loader
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.