How to View an uploaded Unclassified Document in the Document Inbox when not the Document Owner?
By default, Unclassified documents are only visible to its owner and Admins with access to all documents. However, Vault automatically assigns these documents to the Unclassified lifecycle, which may include default users for document roles. If this is the case in the user's vault, the Sharing Settings panel in Doc Info shows the users assigned to roles on the document.
To make it visible for the others follow these steps:
- Navigate to: Admin --> Configuration --> Document Lifecycles --> Unclassified.
- In the States tab, select the Unclassified state.
- Select the Security Settings tab.
- Click Edit to add View Document access to the target role.
- Go to the Sharing Settings panel in Doc Info to add the target user to the role of someone who has View Document access (from step 4).
Vault Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.