How to setup Dynamic Access Control on a Document in a Vault Lifecycle?
The following tutorial gives an example of how to setup Dynamic Access Control (DAC) on a document in a Vault Lifecycle. When the value of the Country or Product changes, the Sharing Settings on the document are updated accordingly.
The following steps highlight how to set up Dynamic Access Control in the corresponding video:
- Set up User Role Setup object to associate the necessary object records with the User Role Setup.
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Objects and select the User Role Setup object.
- Under the Fields tab, Be sure the field object is associated with the User Role Setup object (Field name and object name should match).
- Navigate to Admin --> Settings --> Security Settings to adjust how the auto-created groups are be named.
- Under Auto Managed Group Field Order, set the order of the field objects.
- Navigate to the Lifecycle Role: Admin --> Configuration --> Document Lifecycles --> [Lifecycle] --> Roles. Select the role being used.
- Be sure the Role used is enabled for Dynamic Access Control. Once enabled, it cannot be disabled.
- Set up a sharing rule for that role. Click on the Sharing Rules tab to set up a rule based on a field.
- Objects and Roles are now configured, enter information into the User Role Setup object.
- Navigate to Business Admin --> User Role Setup and select Create Records.
- Once object records are set up, Navigate to Users and Groups --> Groups. The auto-managed groups are named according to previous settings.
- Look at a document in the lifecycle and test by changing the values of the fields to see the Sharing Settings change based on the settings.
Video Tutorial: Dynamic Access Control Support Demo
Vault Help Documentation: About Dynamic Access Control for Documents
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.