How to use Vault eTMF Document Auto Filing into a Binder?
The following tutorial gives an example of how to auto-file documents into matching binders for Vault eTMF customers. Binders keep documents organized. When a document is created or edited, it is auto-filed into the appropriate binder based on the selected study, country, or site.
Method 1: Document Binder Templates
The first filing method explained in this video is eTMF Auto-Filing using Document Binder Templates. The following steps highlight the steps used to Auto-File documents within a binder section in the corresponding video:
- Navigate to Admin --> Business Admin.
- Select Documents & Binders.
- Select the filing level to be created and select the binder to edit. The binder section needs to match the Document Type naming hierarchy.
- Upload a new document, select the file, choose the document classification, and the study.
- Create a new document.
- The study is populated automatically. Save the document.
- To check the binder to which the document is filed, select the Where Used report from the Actions drop-down menu.
Method 2: TMF Reference Model V2.0 and V3.0, using artifacts to match a Document Type to a Binder Section.
Another filing method explained in this video is: TMF Reference Model V2.0 and V3.0 which uses artifacts to match a Document Type to a Binder Section. The document type does not need to match the folder name.
- Change the binder template using the Edit button within Documents & Binders. Identify the artifact used.
- To make a change within a Document Type, navigate to Configuration --> Document Types. Find the appropriate classification and choose Edit Details.
- Navigate to Type Defaults --> Reference Models to see the TMF Reference Model V2.0 and V3.0.
- Video Tutorial: eTMF Document Auto-Filing
Vault Help Documentation: Auto-Filing Documents in TMF Binders (eTMF)
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.