Is it possible to re-send an Approved Email record after it failed to send?
If an Approved Email fails to send, it may be possible to send a new copy of the Email after correcting the issue that prevented it from sending. There is a fail-safe in the system that prevents a single Sent_Email_vod__c record with the same record ID from being sent twice, so a new copy of the failed email must be created rather than re-sending the specific failed email.
To re-send an email, use the following steps using the Sent_Email_vod__c record:
- Clone the Send Email record. This creates a new copy of the failed email with all the same values and selections.
- Be sure the Template referenced in the Document ID is in a valid status. Replace it with a valid ID if necessary.
- Change the Status from Failed_vod to Saved_vod.
- Clear the Failure_Msg_vod__c field.
- Run the Approved Email process manually. Or, wait for the scheduled job to pick up the records.
Note: Please include all fields on the page layout of the Sent_Email_vod object for the admin user. This is necessary so the standard SFDC Clone button copies over all field values to the cloned record. It may be necessary to clean up old Sent Email records.
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.